Friday, June 1, 2012

friday fancy

A rainy day and too many photographs from last weekend's visit to my parents' cottage in Hanford Bay inspired a mirage. I wish there were oversized leafy sea dragons swimming in the lake. In June, the shores are still littered with winter's debris. My feet are haunted by the very decayed deer I stumbled over when chasing the kids down the beach last weekend.  By this time next month, the beach will be clear- the only remnants will be the drift wood fashioned into teepees for Independence Day bonfires.

Happy Friday! Happy 1st of June! It feels more like the 1st of October here. I hope wherever you are, there is warmth whether it be from the sun or in the smile of someone you love.

5 comments:

  1. oohhhhh! i love this illustration. grey and rainy here, too. but at least warm. a good day for hunkering in and making creative things happen. still doesn't mean i wouldn't love to slip away into your drawing. happy june, dear:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corrie! I do love a good hunkering in day. It's been coldish here. I actually had to put socks on yesterday.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful painting. Magic. It's cold and grey here in NSW Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are across the world from each other- but we share the same cold and grey day:-)I find that comforting.
      Thank you for your kind words about the illustration. It is actually a photo I took of the baby at the beach that I over saturated and then manually smudged and smoothed and drew over in layers. The sea dragon, was hand drawn though.

      Delete
  3. Chilly here, but I am LOVING IT. Love the drawing!!

    ReplyDelete