Friday, December 10, 2010

Holiday Greeting Card

The children were filled
 with both apprehension and glee
when they discovered their 'star'
glowing brightly on the tree.


I finally finished our holiday card. It didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to. It's difficult with The Baby to find any time to sit and illustrate. This was done during stolen moments. And, here are some holiday cards from Christmases Past. As mentioned in earlier posts, the illustration in my blog header is our Christmas card from 2006. I wish I could find my earliest cards from way back when there were only two children ruling the house.

Christmas 2007



Christmas 2008 Front (This was inspired by a photograph I took, capturing a rare moment where all three of them were snuggling in Princess Commando's bed. The boys were drawn to her room because she had been hooked up, temporarily, with a TV while she was bed ridden with a long bout of pneumonia.).

The interior of the card:

Christmas 2009. I was very pregnant with The Baby. She was sapping all of my creative energy- to, you know, grow and stuff. This was designed in a last minute burst of energy (then I hibernated for the next 6 weeks). I employed the help of our pets.


The interior of this one read:
On Oscar! On Ruby!
On Mitsy! And Mooshie!
To the top of the porch! To the top of the wall!
Bring the joy and happiness of the season to all! 

Sadly, Oscar (our Australian Shepherd) passed away this summer. His sled pulling days are over:-( It's too bad because I could have really used his playful willingness and strength to pull The Baby through the snow this winter.

As we move onward through this holiday season and as 2010 draws to a close, I send you all my best wishes for peace, joy, health, happiness, friendship, love and success through out the season and the New Year.

1 comment: